Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten
ABOUT OUR EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM
MCC Academy offers full-time classroom programs for preschool (age 3), PreK (age 4) and Kindergarten (age 5) as well as a part-time program for children ages 4-5 years old.
The full-time classrooms for 3, 4, and 5 year-old children operates out of our Skokie campus facility. Students attend full-time, Monday through Friday, from 8:05 am – 3:40 pm.
Students are fully engaged in both secular and Islamic studies throughout the day in classrooms led by fully certified teachers each with teaching assistants, who are all experts in their field. Our program is a play and learn approach to develop language and number concepts. Children grow in their Islamic identity through beginning Quran, Arabic and Islamic Studies classes and learn the practice of salat. Our students have a healthy amount of free play time both indoors in our gymnasium and outdoors on our playground as weather permits. Our program is truly a home away from home for our students.
The part-time program for 4 and 5 year-old children operates out of our Morton Grove campus facility. Students attend part-time, Monday through Thursday, from 10am-2pm.
Our part-time program is a dual-language learning environment designed with extra emphasis made on teaching early Arabic language skills. Teachers speak in both English and Arabic throughout the day so that young children absorb the dual languages. Led by a fully certified teacher and one teacher assistant, students advance in reading and math skills and study Quran and Islamic Studies alongside Arabic. Our teachers employ a play to learn approach with many hands-on learning activities. Students enjoy free play time in our school’s gymnasium or outside on the field.
- Play to learn approach to develop language and number concepts.
- Positive real life experiences and interactions through field trips
- Enhancing Islamic identity thru beginning Quran, Arabic and Islamic Studies classes via visual stimulus as well as beginning practice of salat.
- Ample opportunity for learning discipline thru structured activities as well as time for individual work through the use of choice activities.
- Free play in the gym as well as supervised trips to the playground.
- Participation in age appropriate school assemblies and programs.
- A home for your child away from home.