About Our Library
The library is geared towards motivating students to become passionate readers for life-long. Our doors are open for all readers with our shelves filled with literature for all levels. The library is available for students to use to obtain resources for projects such as science fairs or book reports. Listed are programs available for students to participate in throughout the year:
- Story Hour
- Earth day programs and activities
- Black History Month Awareness
- Volunteering in the Community
- The Six Flags Reading Program
- The Scholastic Book Fair
- Election Awareness
- Interactive visits from Skokie Public Library
- Drama Club
- Abraham Lincoln’s 200 Year Anniversary Program
- National Poetry Month
- Eid Programs
- Celebrating Read Across America Day
- Accelerated Reading Program
- National Reading Month
- Library Club
Mrs. Donelle “Noor” Bergeson is a dedicated librarian and an asset to our school and community. In her first year as MCC Academy librarian, she has made valuable changes to the library located at the Skokie campus. In addition to re-organizing the school library, she has added hundreds of titles to our computerized inventory system. Mrs. Bergeson strives to build and maintain professional relationships with staff members from the Skokie and Morton Grove Public Libraries in order to strengthen our students’ education and community support.
Encouraging Your Child to Read
- Students should read on a daily basis to enhance vocabulary, speech and word analysis skills.
- Teachers and families of students are responsible to introduce and provide reading materials for them and are equally responsible to promote reading.
- Students should gain from the exercise of reading by finding it enjoyable and fun.
- They should be allowed to visit the local library as an incentive to choose books they would like to read.
- Reading allows the mind to become free of boundaries, visit new places, understand thoughts and ideas of others, and be introduced to new genres of books and more.
- Stay involved and you will find a wondrous hobby become a part of your home!
The Skokie Campus library is open during regular school hours for students and teachers. The library is closed at 4:00pm everyday or by 1:30pm in the case of early dismissal. Parents who wish to volunteer in the library need to contact the school office and/or email Mrs. Bergeson at email@example.com